Saturday, January 9, 2010

Motherhood

MOTHERHOOD

I can tell by the timid way she approaches I have hurt her too many times
And yet I, myself, remain unfamiliar with the method
By which I have scarred this great Beauty
And carved the great gulch that appears so unbreechable
Her on one side and I on the other…

Oh! Build me a Bridge, I beseech of the Heavens
Disarm me and gentle me yet let me live
I wonder if what I am asking is possible
Or if perhaps I should just pray for a Miracle

Why is it that I cannot see?
Why does it hurt so much to see?


I can tell by the timid way she approached she only wants me to be kind
And give to her all that she needs but can’t ask for
Having no way to define or articulate
Deep human longings or simple emotions
She is, after all, just a child.

Ah, where is the wand that will wave away sorrow
And leave in its place such sweet reverie
As I hold in my heart whenever I think of her.
I wish this were all she could see

And I wish that was all I could be
And I wish I could be all I wish I could be
I wish Love would set us all free.

No comments:

Post a Comment